Internet Authoring

Friday, November 26, 2010

Visual Communication-- Assignment Image

In this assignment, I am working on image type. In last assignment, I worked on typography to convey the message through text and this assignment deals with photographic image. I have used different tools which I had never used before. To extract all the images from its background, I used the Magic Wand tool and click on the background scene and delete to each selection. I also used Magnetic Lasso tool in one of my image instead of pervious tool. It doesn’t make any difference. So, for all images I used the transparent background layout. Each image is having dimension of 800×600 pixels and RGB colour mode at 72 ppi. I used
7th version of Photoshop for my typography images.

Anger

I have designed this image in such a way that the image is showing strongest vibratory effect and also represents a firery temper and impulsive personality. I was also thinking of creating a wave explosion effect. This image shows that person has lost his temper and the anger can be harmful to others. This image shows the aggressive anger by pointing the finger saying how could he harm and take the shape of attack. In this image I used the Red colour as a background which is a symbol of anger and fire. I used the transparent background and also set a blend mode to color dodge so that the effect only falls around the person. I applied
overlay blend mode on top of the screen outline layer.

Found


In this image, I have showed a path where a person founds a mobile phone on the way. I again used the transparent background by setting up at 800 x 600 pixels in dimension, RGB colour mode at 72 ppi mode. I also used brush tool to design some effects. I set up background image and fill out with RGB magenta. I used the Pen tool to create some curved lines and also set up spacing between lines.

Hidden


In this image, I was trying to show the hidden secrets of the universe. I am also a fan of Star trek movies. I usually watch them for their special effects. I came up with the idea to appear more like a ghost. I also put a galaxy like effect as we never got to know that what is hidden inside our universe. I tried each filter individually to know which looks good and fits into the style I want. I used the Filter menu and apply Filter>Render>Clouds on the background layer. Apply the Filter>Distort> Twirl and set up an angle of about 50o. Then I used the different Filter techniques and added layers. At last I used Bevel and Emboss tools for editing an image.

Joy


When we are happy, then we have a glow and different charm on the face. In this image, I used some awesome lighting and glow. I created a new file of size 800×600 px and fill the background layer with light blue. I selected the man by using Polygonal Lasso tool and do some adjustments until I get a nice result and delete background of the photo. I chose the filter menu and put some cloudy effect. Then I used the blending options and put some outer shine to create a light. By adding another layer, I decreased the opacity this time.
I add some sparkle trail to a photo by using different techniques such as color overlay etc. I created a new layer and choose the Gradient tool/ Radial Gradient.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed my image type assignment. I used some lighting and colours which makes my image much better. I turned the normal photo to different style. My first attempt was the photo of my face when I had chicken pox which was quite successful by removing the pimple from my face. I came across new things like how to use lighting how to use different layer styles, how to use different shades, colours. It’s fun to experiment and mess around the filters. I learn how to combine a few Blending Modes and colours mixed with shapes to fill the rest of the spaces and add to the image, giving a radical and abstract feel to some areas.
Whatever thoughts came to my mind during making, I tried to put them in my different type of images. I tried to give that feeling, that liveliness to my images which I felt during the making. I gave my best to give my thoughts to these images and learn how to visualize things.

No comments:

Post a Comment