Internet Authoring

Monday, October 4, 2010

Delete Book Review


The author has revealed the digital age. He has tried to explain us how Google is interrelated to digital technology.In my point of view, Delete book shows only the dark side of the digital world. The book also reveals that if you surf the web and after a time period you will forgotten what you searched for and when but Google will not. The remembrance power of Google creates problem to the people who had been denied for the entry to other country or rejected from a job because of their past on the internet.
My point of view is that “every coin has two faces”. We can't ignore of the fact that google has great impact on the way we interact with the internet. We do so many things on internet like searches on Google, attach our documents, photos and so many things. In most of the cases, it is advantageous that Google help us in finding the information through the search engine. Google doesn't share information such as emails, chat or searches with anyone. I think that the data saved by the Google could be very helpful in some cases such as if any justice department need to find out what people are researching online etc. In my case, I am using google services such as gmail, social networking sites, personal search account and custom homepage linked by my Gmail address and account name. I really don't want anyone to see or Govenement to ask me in case of any suspect of crime why I entered those words. It's none of their business to see what searches I made. our peronal search history are highly sensitive becuase they show what we were thinking.

Now if we see on the other side, people do make changes in their life and also it changes from time to time.  Therefore, if some company is not offering you the job because they found out in your profile that you are a drug addicted person but that was your past and you can’t explain it every time. I am not agree with the author to set up an expiry data system to the file we uploaded. If we do so that could put us in another problem if that data is important and it will be impossible for the person who is not much into the computers to figure it out for how to recover expired file once it was deleted.
So what I think is there are advantages and disadvantages but we have to focus on how to deal with the disadvantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment