Internet Authoring

Monday, October 11, 2010

Negative side of Facebook


FACEBOOK, what is Face book? I know it’s a stupid question but if we ask to different people there will be different answers. Teenagers would say; they can chat, make new friends, and find old friends on Facebook. Professionals would say; they can find the updates related to any company, any new brand, new software and many more. I would say Facebook is a social networking website.
Why I am discussing about Facebook because some people don’t know how to use or take advantage of a new technology. They are having a herd kind of mentality i.e. without knowing anything about that particular thing they just want to follow it because everybody is following it. I have seen students around me wasting their time on Facebook. Students miss their lectures because of the addiction of the games they play on Facebook and also because of chatting. Whenever they get time they just chat for hours and hours. Chatting till late night then wake up late, the whole schedule is affected by that and they don’t even realizing what they are losing. I myself get irritated when my roommates do that.
I agree that every technology has both positive and negative effects. But what I want to say is try to grab the positive ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment